EXPEDITION - Polar bear discovery
THE ARTIC’S ADVENTURER - CAMERAMAN AND UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHER
It is in the heart of the St-Lawrence Golf, in the Magdalen Islands, that Mario Cyr’s experience started. He has participated in many spectacular missions as a cold water marine diver, photographer and filmmaker in various corners of the globe’s oceans.
Mario takes us with great enthusiasm on a journey in search of the world’s true splendors, discovering the secrets of his native islands, the whales of the Pacific, the Antarctic sea-water leopards and the arctic’s polar bears.
We invite you to take a look at his work : photographs and films, portraying underwater Arctic and Antarctic marine ecology. Let yourself dream or shiver while you follow his explorations.
ONE WEEK WITH MARIO... AN EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEVER FORGET
Expeditions with Mario Cyr are a great opportunity for discovering life beneath the arctic ice. Thanks to his experience as one of the world’s best underwater filmmaker, Mario can lead a team of six divers, during an entire week, to live a unique, impressive and unforgettable encounter with the arctic marine world.
Breathtaking insights on the harp seal, Greenland shark, walrus, narwhal and polar bear are offered through several expeditions for anyone wishing to live extraordinary sensations.
Mario’s talent and know-how as a professional cold water diver and filmmaker has been acknowledged by worldly known producers such as National Geographic, Sedna IV expedition productions and Discovery Channel animal series productions. Exclusive filmed sequences by Mario have shared great popular success with movies like Arctic Tale and Oceans, both from Disney productions.
Expeditions with Mario are a unique occasion for divers in search of beauty, profound and durable emotions one can feel under the shimmering ocean, home to the animal emperors.
A unique and privilege experience !
You will be roaming and diving the icy water of Hudson Bay, with the most friendlier arctic explorer and world renowned cinematographic diver, Mario Cyr !
Be among the very few fortunates to mingle close to polar bears and walrus in their natural habitat.
We will be camping on the tundra, on the ancestral land of our Inuit guides and their families, next to archaeological sites such as fox traps, tent rings, and food caches.
Your photography will be illuminated with the magical slanted light of the far north – and the endless sunset-sunrise unique to the arctic circle !
We are offering a highly personnalized and warm catering.
It will be a vacation to remember all your life!
Groupe size : minimum 4 clients, maximum 6 clients
- Arrival in Repulse Bay
- Welcome activities
- Lodging at the local Coop Hotel
- Departure by boat, travelling time from 6 to 8 hours
- Destination : in or around Wager Bay in Ukkusiksalik National Park
- Setting up camp - private sleeping tent, cooking tent, equipment tent
- Security drill (heating stove, firearm, polar bear)
- Equipment drill (diving gear, camera, generator)
Day 3 to Day 7
- Typical day schedule are : breakfast at 7h00 am
- Gear prep for the day and boat departure (tide permetting)
- Roaming for polar bear and other marine mamals
- Diving prep : two divers at the time, along with Mario Cyr, for underwater photos and videos.
- Lunch on the boat
- Return to camp around 18h00
- Diner at 19h00
- Sighseeing opportunities will be :
- polar bear, mother polar bear with 1 or 2 sibling narwals harp seal and ring seal beluga, caribou and foxes on land, and many migratory birds !
- Packing up
- Return trip by boat to Repulse
- Lodging at the local Coop Hotel
- Departure from Repulse Bay by scheduled flight.
Good health and positive.
REQUIREMENT FOR DIVING
Minimum : Advanced diver certificate.
Hotel (2 nights), camping in a tent (6 nights).
20’ aluminum with closed cabin and a 4 stokes motor engine
** travelling by boat is subjet to weather (wind, ice pack, storm) and clients have to be prepare for another night in the community or prepare for a longer trip to reach camp.
The client has the obligation to contrat insurance covering personal, medical and search-and-rescue insurance (www.globalrescue.com).
ALL EXPEDITIONS INCLUDE
- Greetings at arrival and transfer to your hotel
- 2 nights accomodation at hotel (first and last nights)
- Boat transfer to camp site
- 6 nights camping
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ground transfer at destination
- Local guides
- 5 days of boat diving expeditions, underwater photos and videos and observation
- Tank, weights and belt
NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE
- Air transport from your country to Canada
- Air transport from your arrival city in Canada to your Nunavut destination (Air ticket issue by Voyages Aquanautes)
- Travel insurance MANDATORY (including emergency evacuation)
- Canadian Visas (if requierd from your home country)
- Diving equipment (if not describe in package inclusions)
- Sleeping mat
- All food and all non-alchoolic beverage
- Boats, fuel, local Inuit guides
- Generator (110 volts, 60cycles)
- Air compressor
- Diving tank (for both american and europeen pillar valve)
- Weighing lead belt
- Few local Inuit helpers for day watch and night watch !
NOT TO FORGET (Not included)
- Sleeping bag, -20°
- Warm clothing (dressed for -20° for boat travel)
- Rubber boots and Rain gear , coat and pants
- Sunshade - Sunscreen - Lips balm
- Mousquitos repellant
- Net-jacket or net-hood mosquitos net
- Dry bags for day trip
- Water bottle
- Disposable humid wipes (Ex. Wet Ones)
- Your valid diving card
- Your diving equipment (including your wet or dry suit)
Mean local temperature for Repulse Bay in July and August: 8° C
EXPEDITION - Discovery of polar bear:
Date to be confirm
New safety standards have been implemented by the authorities and are now in force.
We will therefore have a second boat and additional staff.
Price per person, in Canadian dollars, tax included.
EXPEDITIONS – Polar bear discovery : For fare please contact us
NOT INCLUDING :
No air transportation is included in the above proposed rates.
Rates of flights.
The tariff of international flights, and for domestic transport from major Canadian cities starting point.
For information and availability:
- NEW - (450) 527-3483 - (450) 813-6695
For reservation, please contact:
Voyages Aquanautes : See the reservation form on the site.
For a private service, Mario Cyr also offers a service of accompaniment custom, all-inclusive, polar destination.
For more information and booking, please contact:
VOYAGES AQUANAUTES : See the request form on the site.